Back to Section Home

Priority Registration

Veteran and State Reservist Priority Registration

Butte College Student Veterans currently receiving GI Bill benefits under any of the following chapters do not need to self-report and will automatically receive priority registration: Chapter 30, 31, 33, 1606, 1607.

Butte College Students not receiving GI Bill benefits must self-report to be considered for priority registration.


  • Veterans: must submit a copy of their DD Form 214 (Member 2 or 4 copy, with an honorable, a general, or other than honorable discharge) to the Office of Veterans Services and request priority registration.

  • Have a current Application for Admission on file at Butte College

  • Completed Assessment Test or have prior college transcripts evaluated

  • Attended Butte College Orientation

  • Meet with Education Counselor and create Student Educational Plan

  • Active duty or state reservist: must show their military ID to the Office of Veterans Services

*NOTE about Timeline: You must request priority registration at the Office of Veterans Services at least one month prior to registration for the next academic term.  This policy pertains to all veterans, active duty service members, reservists, and the National Guard who meet the above conditions.

Butte College | 3536 Butte Campus Drive, Oroville CA 95965 | General Information 530.895.2511

Back to Top