Student Health Clinic Provides
The Student Health Clinic offers the following services to currently registered students. There is no charge to see the nurse practitioners, physician or mental health specialist. Some tests, medications and procedures require a minimal fee.
- Evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment for illnesses and injuries. Specialized medical services, minor surgeries, treatment, and referral.
- Personal brief therapy (up to 3 sessions per semester): Therapy services may address high-risk behaviors, alcohol and drug problems, eating disorders, depression, anxiety, PTSD and more. Therapy sessions are available at Main Campus and the Chico Center.
- Dermatology: We treat minor to moderate skin infections, acne, lacerations, mole removals, wart treatments. We can obtain cultures to check for infections. We can check for MRSA skin infections. Our lab costs are at a 75% savings.
- Orthopedics: We treat strains and sprains and provide x-ray orders at a 60% savings. We will loan orthopedic equipment out for those we see, but there is a cleaning fee of $2.00.
- Physical Examinations: DMV, pre-employment, Police & Fire Academies, and Allied Health and new athletes.
- Prescriptions: Low cost pharmacy on site. WE DO NOT FILL OUTSIDE PRESCRIPTIONS.
- Confidential HIV and other sexually transmitted infection testing, male & female reproductive health exams, pregnancy testing, and contraception.
- Wellness services include: some immunizations; screening for TB, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, anemia, breast and testicular cancer, diabetes, and other disorders.
- Referrals for free STI testing at local FamPact Clinics.
- Services also provided re.: habit control, weight control, smoking cessation, and more.
Due to the high number of students without insurance,
your appointment may need to be rescheduled to accommodate
seriously ill or injured students. Thank you for your understanding.