The Regional Testing Center (RTC) provides services for a fee to students and community members by proctoring exams from institutions other than Butte College.
- Appointment required
- Online, computer-based, & paper/pencil exams
- Fee based service, typically $40 per exam
Please follow the 4 steps below.
Step 1: Make a Request
Please contact the RTC by phone, email, or in person to make a request.
You will need to provide us with:
- The institution's name
- Your contact information
- Amount of time needed for the exam
- Format of the exam (e.g. online or paper/pencil)
- Any additional materials/equipment you may need
- Date & Time you are requesting
Step 2: Testing Materials
- Arrange with your educational institution for your testing materials to be emailed or delivered to the RTC.
- Be sure to make this request well in advance to ensure your testing materials are received before the day of your appointment.
Step 3: Test Day
- A Photo I.D. is required for all exams.
- Each institution has its own testing requirements. Our proctors will follow the instructions they provide.
- The proctor fee will be due on test day.
- Fees are typically $40.00 per test. We accept cash (we do not provide change) or check payments. Please make checks payable to Butte College.
- We do not provide postage/envelopes; see Step 4 for more information.
- Cell phones, iPods, music players, and other electronic devices are not permitted in the test room.
- No food or drinks permitted in the test room.
Step 4: After Your Test
- The process for returning your test materials is arranged on an individual basis per your institutions requirements. Some institutions require us to scan and return by email, some provide a postage-paid envelope, and others require you provide postage. If you are required to bring an envelope, make sure it is at least 8.5" x 11" to accommodate test materials which cannot be folded.
- Special requests for fed-ex drop off or expedited shipping must be arranged when you make your initial request.
- We are not permitted to release testing materials to students for mailing.