GED Testing Service
In partnership with GED Testing Service® , and Pearson Vue, the Butte College Regional Testing Center offers the computerized 2014 GED® test.
This testing format offers test candidates multiple self-service features:
• 24/7 registration and scheduling online at www.GED.com
• Ability to register for one test section or multiple test sections on the same day
• Score results available on the test candidate's MyGED™ account within 24 hours
*IMPORTANT* It is required that GED candidates bring a government issued photo ID for admittance into the exam. If the ID is not issued by the state of California, the test candidate must prove California residency by providing proper documentation (see www.GED.com or call the test center for a list of acceptable documents.)
Frequently Asked Questions
When is the GED exam offered?
The GED® exam is offered during the RTC's normal testing hours, Tuesday through Thursday 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
What will I be tested on?
The GED® exam, which can be taken in either English or Spanish, consists of four content areas:
- Reasoning Through Language Arts (150 minutes)
- Mathematical Reasoning (115 minutes)
- Science (90 minutes)
- Social Studies (90 minutes)
For more information about test content, visit www.GED.com and choose the "About the Test" tab.
How do I sign up for the GED® exam?
- Visit www.GED.com
- Create an account with your name, email address, and contact information
- Purchase and schedule your exam sections through your on-line account
- You will be shown the available test center locations where you can schedule your exam and the available times to schedule.
The Butte College Regional Testing Center is open for testing Tuesday through Thursday, 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. A maximum of 3 GED exam sections can be scheduled in one test day at the RTC, as our testing hours do not allow time for 4 GED exam sections. Most test candidates schedule 1 or 2 GED exam sections per test day.
How much does the GED exam cost?
Please visit www.GED.com for the most current prices. As of January 1, 2015, the GED exam in California costs $35.00 per section, for a total of $140.00 for the 4 sections of the GED exam.
The cost to retake a section is $15.00, please see the GED website for further retake information.
How can I prepare for the GED exam?
Oroville Adult Education offers self-guided, computer-based preparation materials. Call (530) 538-5118 or visit www.orovilleadulted.com for more information.
Preparation packets can be purchased online at www.gedmarketplace.com.
Butte College offers a Prep GED class (please search EDUC 302 in the current class course offering). This class is also currently offered in Spanish.
How do I get proof that I passed the GED exam?
Once you have passed all 4 sections of the GED exam, you will have the ability to order one free diploma or e-transcript. This can be accessed through your www.GED.com account, on your "My Scores" page. Additional copies can also be purchased through this link.