You can use the library online catalog, call us at 879-4017, or stop by in person to place a hold for any circulating item to be picked up at the Main Campus Library or at the Chico Center Library. You will be notified when the item is available for checkout.
Staff can place holds for videos as well as books; students may only place holds for circulating books. Reference and reserve items are not available for any holds. Please note our holds policies below.
Only items owned by Butte College Library can be held. If you want a book we do not own, go to Services → Interlibrary Loan.
Place a hold using the online catalog
From the Library home page search box or the online catalog, find the item in our catalog. → Click on the title. → Click on the "Place Hold" button on the item.
Enter your account information. Your Butte College email address is your sign-in. Use your MyBC/email/Library password.
Choose whether you want to pick up the item at Chico Center or Main Campus.
Your hold has been placed. You can cancel any hold by logging into "My Library Account" and deleting the hold.
Place a hold in person
Stop by the Main Campus or Chico Center Library Circulation Desk during our open hours. We will help you place a hold on your item.
Place a hold by telephone
Call the Main Campus Library Circulation Desk at 530-879-4017 or the Chico Center Library at 530-879-4366 during our open hours.
- Requested items currently on the shelf will be ready for check-out within 48 hrs. Items currently checked out by another patron will be available to you once the item is returned to us by the due date.
- You can request up to 5 items at any one time.
- Reference and reserve items are not available for holds.
- You will be notified by email when your requested item is ready for check-out. You can also look in "My Library Account" to see if the hold is ready for you to pick up.
- Items will be held at the Circulation Desk for 5 days. If the item is not picked-up within 5 days, it will be returned to the shelf and is available for check out to anyone.