The Chico Center Library is located in Rm. 219 at the Chico Center. We provide library services as well as media services and test proctoring at the Chico Center. Our operating hours can be found under Library → Hours → Chico Center
A valid photo ID is required to check out any Library item.
Circulating Books from Main Campus
- You can place a hold from the library catalog for circulating books to be picked up at the Chico Center Library. It usually takes one to two days for a book to arrive. You will be notified when the requested book arrives.
- Circulating books can be checked out for three weeks and renewed online or by telephone for another three weeks if there are no other patron requests for the book.
- You can return circulating books to the Chico Center Library in Rm. 219 or the Main Campus Library. You can also drop them off at the book drop in front of the Chico Center building, next to the bicycle rack. (Do not return any CHC reserve items to the bookdrop or to the Main Campus Library.)
- Reference books and class reserve items cannot be sent to the Chico Center.
- The checkout period for reserve items varies from 1 hour to 7 days, but most reserve items are library-use only. Make sure you know the due date of the reserve item you check out. Failure to return a reserve item by the due date will result in a hefty fine.
- All reserve materials from the Chico Center Library must be returned to the Chico Center Library Reserve Desk. Do not return any CHC reserve items to the bookdrop or to the Main Campus Library.
- Instructors wishing to place materials on reserve at the Chico Center: please fill out the Reserve Request Form and drop it off at CHC Room 219 with the reserve materials. You can also send the form and reserve materials to the Chico Center Library via inter-campus mail.
- For reference assistance, please visit us in person during reference hours. No appointment is needed unless you want to set up a consultation session with a librarian.
- You can also call 879-4398 to reach a librarian at the Chico Center.
- Reference books, such as encyclopedias, dictionaries, statistics, etc. are available for in-library use. Feel free to use the reference materials whether the librarian is available or not.
- Library Instruction is available at the Chico Center on request. Instruction is also available for evening classes and Friday classes (at the Chico Center only).
- Library Instruction is usually conducted in a computer lab (Room 232, 238 or 241). The librarian will schedule a computer lab for your class. In case a computer lab is not available during your class hours, the librarian will do a presentation in your regular classroom and bring the students to the open lab (Room 231) for hands-on search experience after the presentation.
- Request a library instruction by filling out the online form at Library → Service → Library Instruction or by calling 530-879-4398.
- Please make your request early to ensure the instruction session can be scheduled on the date that works best for your class. Please make the request at least two weeks before your chosen date. This will give the librarian enough time to prepare a quality presentation for your students.
- Drop-in workshops are conducted each semester. Students or staff will receive a signed slip to indicate attendance. Many instructors will give extra credit for attending a library workshop. Check with your instructors if you are not sure. Faculty can get Flex hours by attending a workshop.
- Workshop schedules are available at the Chico Center Library and online at Library → Learn → Workshops
- Instructors may borrow audio-visual materials or place them on reserve so students can view them in-house.
- For a list of holdings, check the Library catalog. To request a DVD, use the Hold button in the catalog, email your request to Dan Buzan, call 530-879-4366, or stop by the Chico Center Library. If submitting your requests by email or phone, please include in your request the DVD number, your name, and location where you would like us to send the media.
- When you have finished using the media, please return it to the Chico Center Library in person or via intercampus mail.
- Chico Center Library offers test proctoring for Butte College classes at no cost. Test proctoring is also available for institutions other than Butte College for a fee.
- Tests are proctored the Chico Center Library (CHC 219) Monday - Thursday from 7:30 am - 7:30 pm, and Fridays from 7:30 am - 10:00 on days the CHC Library is open.
- To request test proctoring service for Butte College, instructors must fill out a Test Proctoring Request Form (one per student / per test).
- Print out the form, attach it to the test, and take it to CHC 219 for staff to review, or send it via intercampus mail to Dan Buzan, CHC 219.
- Contact Dan Buzan at 530-879-4366 with any test proctoring questions.
For questions regarding Chico Center reference assistance, Library Instruction, and workshops, please contact Louise Lee at email@example.com or 530-879-4398.
For questions regarding reserve circulation, DVD/VHS circulation, and test proctoring, please contact Dan Buzan at firstname.lastname@example.org or 530-879-4366.