Student Loan Packet Links
How to Tutorial
Student Loan Packets are available at the Butte College Financial Aid Office. A loan packet must be requested in person by the student applying for a loan. This ensures that the student's file is complete and that they are eligible to apply for a loan.
Entrance Counseling: https://studentloans.gov. ALL BORROWERS.
Must be completed each academic year in which a student requests a loan. Includes Financial Awareness Counseling, which provides tools and information that will assist you in managing your loan and general finances. Sign in with your federal PIN number. Attach copy of Confirmation page only to loan application. Must be completed for loan to disburse.
Master Promissory Note (MPN): https://studentloans.gov. NEW BORROWERS.
Sign in with your federal PIN number. Must be linked for loan to disburse. NOTE: 1st-year, 1st-time borrowers are required to complete 30 days of enrollment before their loan can be disbursed at the next available refund date.
Student Loan History: www.nslds.ed.gov. NSLDS is the National Student Loan Data System, the central database for federal student aid. Sign in with your federal PIN number and attach a printout of the "Financial Aid Review" page to your loan application.
Bureau of Labor Statistics: www.bls.gov/oco. The Occupational Outlook Handbook/Bureau of Labor Statistics will help you estimate your starting salary for the occupation/profession you are preparing for.
Repayment Calculator: www.direct.ed.gov/calc.htm. The Repayment Calculator will assist you in estimating the monthly payments necessary to repay your loan and to avoid defaulting.
One-Semester Loan Request. Form required for students who indicated on their Direct Loan application that their loan request is for Fall 2013 only.
Exit Counseling: https://studentloans.gov. ALL BORROWERS.
Must be completed at the end of each academic year, once student drops below six units or has left school.
How to Tutorial:
1. Sign into https://studentloans.gov
2. Click on Complete Counseling.
3. Complete Entrance and Financial Awareness Counseling.
4. Once both counselings sessions have been completed, you can view and print your confirmation page of completion by clicking "View Completed Counseling".
5. For first-time borrowers at Butte College, please complete MPN by going to step 2. and select "Complete Master Promissory Note". Once completed, student can click on "Completed MPNs" to view and print.
6. Log in to www.nslds.ed.gov. Click on "Financial Aid Review" then print page.
7. Students who do not have any financial aid history will receive the statement below. Please print this page and attach it to the student loan packet.