Financial Aid - Federal School Code: 006972


Loan Repayment Solutions

Students enroll in college to prepare for a better future through an education that can lead to steady employment and financial stability. Sometimes student loans are an investment toward that future. Understanding the repayment process for federal student loans, and beginning immediately to repay loans when they come due, can go a long way toward building a solid financial foundation.

Sometimes students find they have overborrowed or are not yet earning the income they expected. However, federal loans are real loans, just like car loans or mortgages, and must be repaid even when times get tough. Not making payments on your federal student loans can have a negative impact on your life for years to come.

Getting Help

Butte College has teamed up with Solutions at ECMC to answer all of your student loan repayment questions. Solutions, a service of the non-profit organization ECMC, is dedicated to helping students manage educational loans. Their resources are available to you free of charge. To contact a Solutions Student Loan Repayment Advisor, email or web chat, link to ECMC Solutions here, or call them at 1-877-331-3262. The Student Loan Advisors can help you find the best solutions to keep you from becoming delinquent on your loans or entering default and hurting your credit. Their services are free and dedicated to helping you!

Payment Plans, Loan Forgiveness, Cancellation

There are many ways to repay your student loans. We partnered with ECMC to provide you with dedicated staff who can lead you through the many repayment options now available. They are also knowledgeable about other ways to meet your student loan debt. If you qualify to have some of your student loan debt placed in forbearance, forgiveness, or cancelled, they will help you with the necessary processes.



Additional Information about loan repayment and debt resolution is available at the following Department of Education web sites: Your source for information from the Department of Education about how to manage your student loans. Your Department of Education debt resolution website for defaulted loans or grants.