Not all students new to Butte College need to participate in the Orientation/ START program. To determine if you are exempt, see the requirements and review the exempt list below.
You are exempt from Orientation if you:
- Hold an Associate degree or a higher degree
- Are concurrently enrolled in high school, or CSU Chico
- Are enrolling in one or two nonexempt classes and do not intend to obtain a certificate or a degree (Assessment is required for Reading, English and Math classes)
- Are enrolling in performance, activity or noncredit courses only (see exempt class list: Assessment)
- Have completed 24+ units at another college(s) and are in good academic standing with a G.P.A. of 2.0 or more. (Assessment requirement still must be met)
These exemptions require clearance prior to registering for classes. You must contact the Orientation Office prior to registering for classes in order to be cleared. You can call (530) 895-2416, or stop by the Welcome Center on the Main Campus.