Back to Section Home



Cooperative Agencies Resources for Education

CARE is a program offered through EOPS. The primary goal of CARE is to provide single parents receiving CalWORKs or TANF cash aid (for themselves or their children) additional support and services to attend college and obtain a degree and/or marketable job skill.

Who is eligible for CARE?

 To be eligible for CARE you must:

  • Be a current recipient of CalWORKS or TANF cash assistance for yourself or your child(ren)
  • Be at least 18 years of age
  • Be the head of a one-parent CalWORKS/TANF assisted household
  • Have at least one child under the age of 14
  • Be enrolled full-time (12 units) at Butte College (limited exceptions available)
  • Be eligible for EOPS

 CARE Services

  • Money for childcare expenses while attending class
  • Additional textbook assistance (as budget permits)
  • Meal cards (as budget permits)
  • Gas cards (as budget permits)
  • Study time allowance (as budget permits)
  • Grants (as budget permits)
  • Specialized counseling assistance
  • Referrals to community-based programs and services

How do I apply?

To apply for CARE, please submit an EOPS application

Contact Information

Office Hours:
Monday through Thursday 7:30am-5pm, Friday 8-12
(Summer Hours: Monday through Thursday 7am-5pm)

Mailing Address:
Butte College EOPS/CARE
3536 Butte Campus Drive
Oroville, CA 95965

Phone: (530)895-2555
Fax: (530)895-2982

Butte College | 3536 Butte Campus Drive, Oroville CA 95965 | General Information 530.895.2511

Back to Top