The Library is committed to providing quality service through our staff, resources, and facilities. The Library expects its users to respect the rights of others to a safe, pleasant, and productive environment for study and research. This Code of Conduct is for the benefit of all users of the library and applicable to all.
• Disruptive behavior, including loud conversation, loud headphones, verbal abuse, threats of violence or harassment of other users and library staff, is prohibited.
• Groups working together should use group study rooms on the 3rd floor.
• Please limit your time on the computer to 20 minutes when others are waiting.
• Using computers for leisure purposes is permitted only when computers are not needed by others for academic purposes.
• Damaging and defacing library materials or equipment is prohibited.
• Those using publicly available computers are expected to take proper care of the equipment.
• The responsibility for the appropriate use of copyrighted and licensed materials lies with the user. The misuse or unauthorized use of copyrighted or licensed information may lead to loss of privileges and legal actions.
Use of Cell Phones
• Cell phones should be switched off or set to a silent mode
• Use of cell phones is limited to the library entrance way.
• Food and Drink are not permitted. Please speak with the librarian on duty if you need special accommodations.
Any patron who commits or attempts to commit any of the offenses listed above is subject to sanctions, including
• Being asked to leave library premises;
• Being reported to the police; and
• Legal prosecution.
In all of our interactions, we are guided by the following values.
• We commit ourselves to excellence.
• We seek out the best tools, people, and resources to accomplish our work.
• We are dedicated to ongoing learning for individual and organizational growth.
• We work diligently to exceed the expectations of those we serve.
• We treat everyone with equal consideration and courtesy.
• We engage others with compassion, empathy and tolerance.
• We encourage differences in perspectives, opinions, and ideas.
• We provide an environment that is inclusive and diverse.
• We relate to each other with honesty and candor.
• We adhere to the principles of fairness, justice, and equality in our work.
• We promote the highest standards of our profession, including open and equitable access to information.
• We maintain a strong work ethic, taking responsibility for our actions, keeping our word, and following through on our commitments.
• We engage in open and honest communication at all levels.
• We seek feedback to insure understanding.
• We reach out to all segments of our user communities.
• We share information and solicit opinions about decisions that affect the success of the Library.