If you plan on enrolling in CDF 78 ECE Practicum for the Fall 2015 semester, there is a special enrollment process. Students will be asked to complete the CDF 78 - Student Enrollment Information Form and submit it to Patty Travis (AHPS 251) along with the applicable document for a criminal background check (See below). Once a student submits a completed enrollment packet and prerequisites are verified, the student will be given permission to enroll in CDF 78.
Enrollment in CDF 78 ECE Practicum requires the following:
Students need to demonstrate they have earned a "C" or better in the following courses:
- CDF 12 Child Family and Community
- CDF 14 Child, Growth and Development
- CDF 40 Assessment and Observation
- CDF 44 Positive Child Guidance
- CDF 48 Teaching Young Children
- CDF 63 Introduction to ECE Curriculum
If you have these prerequisites outside of Butte College, you must...
- Make sure your transcripts are on file with Butte College or
- Submit your transcripts to the Early Childhood Education Department Office in AHPS 251
- If approved, you can enroll in the course.
Students need to demonstrate they have a clear criminal background check. Students can demonstrate a clear background check using one of the three methods described in the CDF 78 Enrollment Form document. The documents are included in the CDF 78 Pre-Enrollment Packet Fall 15.