What is C.A.R.E?
Cooperative Agencies Resources for Education
CARE is a program offered through EOPS. The primary goal of CARE is to provide single parents receiving CalWORKs or TANF cash aid (for themselves or their children) additional support and services to attend college and obtain a degree and/or marketable job skill.
Who is eligible for CARE?
To be eligible for CARE you must:
- Be a current recipient of CalWORKs or TANF cash assistance for yourself or your child(ren)
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be the head of a one-parent CalWORKSs/TANF assisted household
- Have at least one child under the age of 14
- Be enrolled full-time (12 units) at Butte College
- Be eligible for EOPS
- Money for childcare expenses while attending class
- Additional textbook assistance (as budget permits)
- Meal cards (as budget permits)
- Gas cards (as budget permits)
- Study time allowance (as budget permits)
- Specialized counseling assistance
- Referrals to community-based programs and services www.helpcentral.org
How do I apply?
To apply for CARE, please submit an EOPS application
Monday through Thursday 7:30am-5pm, Friday 8-12
(Summer Hours: Monday through Thursday 7am-5pm)
Butte College EOPS/CARE
3536 Butte Campus Drive
Oroville, CA 95965