Butte College Online Advising
All messages will be reviewed and responded to by a counselor as soon as possible.
Please be aware that because of the nature of the Internet and e-mail technology there is no assurance of confidentiality when using on-line services.
- On-line advising is appropriate for information such as:
- Transferability of Butte College courses
- College procedures and academic policies
- Certificate, degree and transfer requirements
- Course prerequisites
- Course offerings and course content
- Referral to other programs/services
- Interpreting assessment results
- On-line advising is not appropriate for:
- Personal counseling
- Career counseling
- Interpreting career test results
- Questions requiring lengthy or very complex responses
For questions that are not appropriate for online responses, please make an appointment with a counselor by calling (530) 895-2378 or stop by the Counseling office in the Campus Center.