Counseling and Advising

Staff Photo

*Graduation Applications for the Fall 2015 term are due by Wednesday, November 25th.  Appointments are available now!*

How can Butte College Counseling help you?

As a new student, seeing a counselor is probably the most important thing you can do. Our counselors can help you find the right level of classes, and assist you in designing a short or long term educational plan. Continuing and returning students can receive assistance with academic issues, plan for graduation or transfer, and receive general academic guidance.

Not sure how to chart your path to academic and career goals?

For new and continuing students, Counselors use assessment data, prior academic history, and life experiences to help determine the course selection. We're here to help you even if your goals are unclear. We can also help you better utilize on-line research tools related to your goals.

Are you experiencing personal issues that are affecting your academic performance?

We can listen and direct you to Butte College's many support services and community resources. Our Counselors are skilled at assisting students with a variety of concerns which affect their educational success.


Where can you see a Counselor?

The Butte Counseling Department full-time and part-time faculty and staff assist our students in three different locations: The Main campus, Chico Center, and the Glenn Center in Orland. All of our Counseling faculty are "generalists," though we also have counselors specific to our International and Student Athlete population.

Butte students can also access Counseling through other programs on campus:

Career Center

Disabled Students Programs and Services (DSPS)

Extended Opportunity Program and Services (EOPS)

Student Athlete Counseling

Transfer Center


For more information or to book an appointment, please call: Main Campus (530) 895-2378, Chico Center (530) 879-4363, or Glenn County Center (530) 895-2429.